From port facilities and tolls roads to the Panama Canal Expansion Project, Alcogal has been involved in every critical step of its clients’ participation in many of Panama’s largest public tenders and the negotiation of multiple major concession contracts. We have a distinguished record of counseling all types of clients, including sponsors, developers, operators, project companies, lenders, investment banks, suppliers, contractors, among others.
- We advised PSA PANAMA INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL, S.A. with the preparation, negotiation and conclusion of a new contract-law between the company and the Republic of Panama, in which PSA PANAMA INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL, S.A. commits to develop, construct, operate, and administer a bulk cargo and ro-ro containers terminal through and investment of USD$350 million.
- We advised Grupo Unidos por el Canal, S.A. in its USD$3.1 billion successful bid to design and build the Third Set of Locks project of the Panama Canal Expansion Project.
- We advised Ingenieros Civiles Asociados, S.A. de C.V. (ICA) in its bid to build the Panamanian government’s new flagship convention center.
- We represented Ideal Panama, S.A., a subsidiary of Carlos Slim’s infrastructure development company, and Cilsa Panama, S.A., a subsidiary of “CARSO”, in the development of two hydroelectric power generation plants.
- We advised Ashmore Energy International (AEI) in the sale of one of the principal electricity distribution companies in Panama, Elektra Noreste, S.A. (ENSA), to Empresas Publicas de Medellin (EPM). We continue to serve as local counsel to ENSA and now to EPM as well.
- We represented Cable & Wireless in the acquisition of a controlling interest of the national telecommunications company and guided the company’s evolution over the last 15 years from a state monopoly to a leading player in a highly competitive and regulated market.
- We represented London & Regional in its successful bid to become the master developer of the former Howard Air Force Base. This is a 40 year development contract, with a required minimum of USD$400 million during the first 8 years.
- We represented Evergreen in the negotiation of the concession contract to design, build and operate a port facility in the Atlantic.
- We represented Kansas City Railway and Mi-Jack Products Inc. in the negotiation of a concession contract for the design, construction and operation of the railroad of Panama.