Alcogal has one of Panama’s most experienced energy groups, which focuses on all types of transactions related to the energy and natural resources sectors, including: mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance and optimization, project finance and project developments.
Our lawyers regularly advise domestic and foreign developers and/or operators in regards to both renewable and non-renewable energy projects. Among other key players in the energy sector in Panama, we represent one of the largest distributors of electrical power in the country. With respect to natural resources, our firm has been involved in the largest transactions in the country, including several in the mining sector. We represent clients in the oil wholesale and retail sectors, as well as in the electricity generation and distribution sectors.
- We advised The Shell Company (W.I.) Limited in the sale of their distribution (retail) business in Panama to Petroleos Delta, S.A.
- We advised Acon Renewables B.V. in the acquisition of controlling interest of Hidrotenencias, S.A. (a hydroelectric generation plant).
- We advised Puma Energy in the acquisition of the shares of companies of the Esso Group, which operate in the Republic of Panama.
- We represent BW Ventures S.A. and Empresas Publicas de Medellin in Panama on an ongoing basis.
- We advised Latin America Power / ERSA-Energias Renovaveis / GMR Energia, S.A. in connection with investment opportunities in the Panamanian energy sector.