Capital Markets Lawyers in Panama
Alcogal advises many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated financial institutions on a full-range of banking, securities and related regulatory matters in the Republic of Panama.
Our lawyers in Panama advise our clients in regards to their ongoing regulatory and disclosure obligations with all the relevant local and foreign authorities, and ensure they are up to date concerning all legislative developments. In addition, we regularly represent financial institutions and/or intermediaries in the process of obtaining government-issued licenses to operate in Panama, in accordance with banking and securities laws.
Widely recognized as the leading capital markets lawyers in Panama, Alcogal has long and close working relationships with many prominent international banking institutions,
Our clients trust our experience and ability to deliver solutions-focused advice and deal execution, especially when the factual and legal issues are challenging and/or the financing structures are complex. They entrust us with the most sophisticated and challenging finance transactions.
We represent lenders and borrowers in loan financings, underwriters and issuers in debt, equity and dealer managers and solicitation agents in exchange offers, tender offers and consent solicitations, in high-grade and cross-over credits.
With a record of demonstrated excellence developed over decades of experience, Alcogal assists, as capital markets lawyers in Panama, our corporate clients in accessing capital markets and helps our investment banking clients compete in these markets by providing strategic counsel across industries and borders.
Representing both issuers and underwriters, the firm enjoys a premier standing in advising on offerings for common stock, high yield debt, convertible debt and investment grade debt.
• 144A/ RegS transactions
• IPOs and follow-on equity offerings.
• Commercial paper program.
• Medium term note programs.
• Mutual funds.
• Private equity funds.
• High yield debt and investment grade debt.
• Convertible and exchangeable debt.
- We advised Alternegy, S.A. with the issuance of its first bond offering in the amount of US$320 million.
- We represented Global Bank Corporation in a US$550 million bond offering registration and listing for their sale in the secondary market.
- We provide counsel to Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and JP Morgan Securities LLC.
- We represented Banistmo S.A. in its first international debt offer.
- We represented Grupo Mundial Tenedora, S.A. and Banvivienda in an exchange process of non-accumulative preferred shares.
- We participated as Panamanian counsel to the underwriters in a bond offering issued by Banco General.
- We advise Banco General, as arranger and administrative agent, in connection with parallel corporate bond issuances for up to US$100 million.
- We advise Banco General in corporate bond issuance for Desarrollo Inmobiliario del Este, S.A. (DIESA).
- We advise Banco General in important corporate bonds issuance by Electron Investment, S.A.
- We advise Tocumen International Airport in $225 million bond issue.