- We acted as counsel to Copa Airlines in a US$11.3 million antitrust litigation brought by Colombian airline Aces, which resulted in a final ruling favorable to Copa that recognized the legality of code-share agreements between airlines, a landmark decision for the industry in Panama.
- We acted as counsel to Citibank in a US$17 million judicial claim filed by Nicolas Nicholson and Pro Communications, in which the Supreme Court upheld the judgments issued by lower courts acquitting Citibank.
- We advised GUPC in its arbitration proceedings before the DAB, which resulted in a US$235 million favorable ruling. We are currently representing the same client in another US$180 million arbitration proceeding.
- We represented Nordion Inc. in a tort-based lawsuit in which the plaintiffs are claiming over US$300 million in damages related to an accident which took place at the Instituto Oncológico Nacional de Panamá.
- We advised Crimson Logic in its negotiation with Panama’s National Customs Authority regarding the SIGA software which is an internal control system used by the Authority.
- We advised TARSCO in its negotiations with Melones Oil Terminal regarding the construction and development of an oil terminal in Melones Island (Pacific – Panama).
- We advised Hyundai Heavy Industries Miraflores Power Plant regarding the civil claims it is facing, and a multimillion arbitration proceeding that the company plans to present.
- We negotiated equity investment into joint venture project to develop a major port facility with PSA for and on behalf of Sociedad Latinoamericana de Inversiones. Prevented breakdown in negotiations, while securing attractive valuation for client.
- We negotiated on behalf of Grupo Lakas to reach a settlement in an attempt to formally end an arbitration proceeding between client and AEI, both shareholders in a Peruvian power generation outfit called Fenix Power.